Terms and Conditions
1. Daily/Hourly rate. All fees can only be negotiated by the agency. All fees are based on the quoted daily or hourly rate. Extra half hours or parts of half hours are paid at half the hourly rate Equity contracts excepted, the day booking is for an 8 hour period, including one hour lunch break
(Shops Act 1950). VAT and agreed expenses are added where appropriate. Unless otherwise agreed, the minimum booking is for 2 hours. Agency fees are calculated as
a percentage of the model’s fee.
2. Overtime. Overtime rates apply before 9am, after 6pm and on all bookings of over eight hours.
a. The overtime rate is 11⁄2 times the normal hourly rate between 0900 and 2400 hours. b. A special rate is negotiated for night work between 2400 and 0900 hours.
c. Work on Saturdays is at 11⁄2 times the normal rate.
d. Work on Sundays and Bank Holidays is at double the normal rate.
3. Territory. Fees quoted are generally for the UK only, for 1 year from the date of the booking (see section 4).
4. Usage. An additional rate is payable for any use of photographs, or reproductions or adaptations thereof, or drawings therefrom, either complete or in part, alone. or in conjunction with any wording or drawings. The ‘right to use’ de nes the TYPE of usage, together with the TERRITORIES in which that type of usage is permitted, and must be explicitly granted (as agreed on our con rmation of booking form and which win be speci ed on the relevant invoice. N.B. one image only may be used, unless otherwise agreed in writing). Under no circumstances will the basic usage fee be less than the model’s advertising day rate.
All fees must be paid PRIOR to any use of photographs for any purpose whatsoever. Payment remains due,
even if the right to use purchased is not actually exercised.
5. Additional Usage. An additional rate is payable for any
additional use of the photographs, or reproductions or adaptations thereof, or drawings therefrom, either complete or in part, alone. Or in conjunction with any wording or drawings, other than ‘the right to use’ (see section 4). The CLIENT is responsible for negotiating (only with the agency) this rate , initially and for any subsequent extensions to the right to use’, PRIOR to any such extension taking place.
6. Travel. Travel time is charged at 50% of the hourly rate. This applies to travel outside a ve mile radius of Hyde Park Corner (i.e Chiswlck in the West Golders Green and Highgate Village in the North: Mile End in the East; Streatham Hill and Tooting Bee in the South.)
7. Health & Saftey. If you are aware of any Health & Saftey risks that the model/artist may be exsposed to during the course of their assignment with you? If so, please detail what the risks are and the steps you have taken to prevent or control these risks.
8. Invoicing. AIl fees and expenses. Plus VAT, if applicable are invoiced by the agency. We reserve the right
to invoice the ‘ultimate client’ (i .e. designer/ manufacturer/owner of the product in question). Fees for the agent’s services are charged and are included as 37.5% of the total charge, plus VAT, as appropriate.
9. Payment. All invoices are payable within thirty days. or prior to the commencement of ‘use’ (see section 4). whichever is the sooner. Interest will be added at the rate of 2% per month or part thereof to all overdue invoices.
10. Exclualon Fees. A special fee is to be negotiated when work is In conjunction
with a product which precludes work for competing products. It is the CLIENT’S responsibility to check whether con icting work has been done. If a model advertises a product he/she is able to work for any competitor unless an exclusion fee is negotiated.
11. ttings. Fees for ttings are charged at a minimum of 5O% of the hourly rate with a minimum of £50 per hour.
12. Location Booking. If a model, working on location, is
prevented by the client from returning to London to work · half the daily fee is payable.
Provisional bookings are automatically cancelled if they are not con rmed within 24 hours of the proposed booking , or if a de nite booking is o ered and the provisional cannot be con rmed .
If a booking is cancelled within one working day of the starting time. The full fee is chargeable, unless the same model is re-booked within 24 hours, in which case half the fee is charged.
a. If a booking is cancelled outside the one-day period, but within two working days of the starting time, half the fee is Charged.
b. Bookings of more than three days duration: if the booking is cancelled within a period equal to the length of the booking, the full fee is chargeable.
c. Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays are excluded from these calculations.
d. This is a reciprocal arrangement between model and client.
e. These conditions do not apply to bookings for TV commercials.
WEATHER PERMITTING BOOKINGS
At the rst cancellation, a half-fee is charged (unless the client fails to cancel in time to prevent the model’s attendance, when the full fee is payable). At the second cancellation, the full fee is charged,
a. Are invoiced to the record company.
b. For all videos the normal daily I ate applies PLUS a buy-out. to be negotiated with the agency.
A photographer is not entitled to use test and experimental photographs for commercial purposes unless speci c arrangements have been made with the agency before the photographic session takes place. The photographer is not entitled to use any of the images he takes for any usage beyond that agreed under sections
4 & 5, above. The photographer to this extent agrees to restrict use of his copyright and, if the client of the
agency is not a photographer, the client is to draw these terms and conditions to the attention of the photographer and obtain his agreement to them before the shoot commences.
When a location booking is made, the client must provide accurate and detailed information about transport to and from the location.
Clients are responsible for models’ meals on all bookings outside the London area (as de ned in section 6 above) .
Any cause for complaint should be reported to the agency immediately. Complaints cannot be considered in retrospect.
*No contract or model release is binding on a model/artiste unless approved in writing by Premier
*We, as agents. whilst making every endeavor to provide a
satisfactory and e cient service, cannot be held responsible for a model’s conduct on an assignment.
*We reserve the right to negotiate within the structure of these terms and conditions.